Campus Visits are extremely crucial when choosing the best college or university to attend. Not only do the campus visits allow you to become familiar with the campus environment, but the visits also enable you to connect with current students and talk to financial and admission advisors. Aside from our daily on-campus tours at 10 am and 2 pm, UT Dallas offers multiple options throughout an academic school year for our prospective students and their families.
- Daily Walking Tours: These tours begin at 10 am and 2 pm on weekdays at our Visitor Center office. The tours showcase specific areas of interest, including classroom buildings, student centers, and the popular gathering areas of our current students.
- Group Walking Tours: These tours introduce UTD to prospective middle-school, high-school students, and community college groups of 10-30 guests. The Group Tours inform visitors about the student life and culture at UTD, the University’s history, traditions, and academic programs.
- Housing Tours: UTD’s Residence Hall tours are offered every weekday at noon and 12:30pm and begin at Residence Hall West. These tours showcase our state-of-the-art residence halls, which feature three-bedroom suites, recreation areas, large community spaces and study lounges. The tours also give prospective students a great opportunity to see their home away from home.
- Virtual Tours: If you are unable to attend an on-campus tour, UTD offers a guided virtual tour of the campus. Our online student hosts will walk you through the campus and highlight each academic building and student center.
In addition to our on-campus and virtual tours, UT Dallas also hosts several events throughout the year for our prospective students. These events include Discover UT Dallas, Scholars’ Day, Preview Friday, and Comet Sneak Peek.
- Discover UT Dallas: This event is intended for high school students, transfer students, and their families. Discover UT Dallas is hosted in the fall semester in cities across Texas. At this event, our advisors answer questions and provide details on admission, scholarship, financial aid, academic programs, and campus life.
- Scholars’ Day: Much like Discover UT Dallas, this event is intended for high school seniors, transfer students and their families, but it’s held on campus and offers more opportunities for interaction with faculty members, staff and current students. Students who attend this event can qualify for an application fee waiver for the upcoming school year.
- Preview Friday: This event is dedicated to our prospective transfer students. Preview Friday allows transfer students to learn about UTD. Our advisors provide detailed information about admission, financial aid, scholarships, and campus life. In addition, our academic advisors hold information sessions about the schools that make up UT Dallas. Like Scholars’ Day, the students who attend can qualify for an application fee waiver for the upcoming school year.
- Comet Sneak Peak: This event was designed to give high school juniors a glimpse into their future at UT Dallas. It also gives admitted seniors who haven’t visited our campus an opportunity to take a sneak peek into life at UT Dallas. Guests learn about the University through admission and financial aid presentations, campus and housing tours and an opportunity to interact with current UT Dallas students.
Visiting colleges can help you determine whether a college is the right place for you. Familiarizing yourself with college campuses allows you to get a firsthand view of the campus and its culture, answers to your questions, and valuable information that will ultimately guide you in making your final decision. UT Dallas wants to ensure that our prospective students and their families and prepared and informed of all the awesome opportunities UTD has to offer. So make sure you get out there to take advantage of all the great opportunities for you to visit colleges before it’s too late.
Class of 2019
B.S. Global Business/ International Political Economy
The University of Texas at Dallas